Monday, August 15, 2011

goodwill boutique west village

photo: yld
So I'm running an errand in the West Village, a part of town I don't regularly find myself  in, when I come across the Goodwill Boutique at 44 W8th St.   I go in The rabid thrifter in me is yanked in by memories of Goodwill dollar bins.  I barely notice the treasure trove of a window display as I pull the door open, but it takes no time, once inside, for me to realize, this isn't the Goodwill I once knew.  It's almost sensory overload.  Everything looks barely touched, and selected by a discerning eye.  Gone are the dollar bins, yes, and price points are a little higher at the boutique, but the value is still unbeatable.

The place is 4000 square-feet of  spotlessness.  Kept pristine by some of the most courteous staff members I've come across in New York City, the boutique has everything you can imagine, and then some (individual Brita bottle water filtration system, anybody?).  The clothes, the proper children's section, the shoes, the housewares, the baubles in the jewelry case, the mannequins, the front window display where I lingered on the way out, I couldn't stop taking photos... Enjoy.  And do get over there ASAP, but be forewarned:  You'll be hard-pressed to leave without buying something.



AND did you know you could shop at Goodwill online?

No comments:

Post a Comment